There is something deeply personal about making a playlist. Of course, the obvious reason for making a playlist is simply a matter of preference. By itself, as if a theater curtain slowly unfurls, our set of musical preferences is revelatory in nature. It reveals how we think, our current state of mind and the emotions that reside in our hearts.
Making a playlist also harnesses the universal power of music to convey our thoughts and feelings. Music is a universal medium of expressing our emotions but unfortunately not everyone is versed with this particular skill. By borrowing the power and emotion of other artists, we also reveal things that we are unable to say.
Making a playlist is relatively easy. Just grab a few songs, throw it all together, store it in an easy access format of your liking and then play to your hearts content.
In any case, here I have compiled my very own Hugot Playlist. In this playlist, I would like to present some of my favorite songs that I feel have a strong element of Hugot or at the very least, make the listener feel something. Most of the songs here have a certain sad quality to them, but interspersed with some tracks that speak of optimism. If you would like to listen to these songs, I have made the playlist available on Deezer which you can access by clicking here.
1. Clouds by Zach Sobiech
2. Ulay, Oh by How I Became The Bomb
3. How to Save A Life by The Fray
4. 214 (My Favorite Song) by Rivermaya
5. Let Her Go by Passenger
6. Somewhere Only We Know by Keane
7. Crying Like A Church on Monday by The New Radicals
8. Life by Our Lady Peace
9. The Scientist by Coldplay
10. I Try by Macy Gray
11. Wouldn’t It Be Nice by The Beach Boys
12. Best I Ever Had (Gray Sky Morning) by Vertical Horizon
13. Baby Can I Hold You by Tracy Chapman
14. Gravity by Sara Bareilles
15. Where Are U Now by Diplo and Justin Bieber
16. Strong by Robbie Williams
17. Ordinary People by John Legend
18. Such Great Heights by The Postal Service
19. I Will Follow You Into The Dark by Deathcab For Cutie
20. Lay Me Down by Sam Smith
21. Wake Up by Coheed And Cambria
22. Closing Time by Semisonic
Hope you enjoy!